| Housing | Electricity | Gas | Water and Sewage|

| Telephones | Garbage Move | Employment |


Visas and Employment Restrictions

  In order to be able to work in Japan you must have either, “Work Visa” status, or a “Spouse Visa”. If you are fond working without either, you will be deported.

Persons without work visas

  If you would like to work, you must do either the following:

1.  Apply for a Work Permit. This is useful if you are an exchange student and would like a part-time job, because it does not change your “Student Visa” status.
2.  Apply for a Change in Status of Residence. This will change your visa status. if you intend to work. you may need details from your prospective employer, and you may also need to leave the country.
** To apply for these changes, and for furture information, contact the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau, Takasaki Branch.

Looking for Employment

  Generally, job-hunting is done through public employment agencies. Employment agencies also offer consultation services concerning job-hunting and part-time employment. If you are seeking employment, please contact:

Maebashi Branch, Public Employment Security Office
130-1 Amagawaoshima-machi, Mebashi-shi 〒379-2154
Phone:027 (290) 2111
Maebashi Branch, Public Employment Security Office


  In such cases when conditions are different to those upon which you agreed, or you think that your employer is treating you unfairly, please contact:

Maebashi Labor Standards Inspection Office
1-1-3 Ote-machi, Mebashi-shi 〒371-0026
Phone:027 (232) 3600
Maebashi Labor Standards Inspection Office

Accident Insurance

  In accordance with the Work Related Accident Compensation Insurance Law, companies must enroll their employees in an accident insurance program. Employees who are injured during work may apply for compensation.

Compensation has 6 components:
1.  Actual expenses incurred due to injury:hospital bills, etc.
2.  Lost income insurance:up to 80% of your income, payment starting after your third day off work due to injury, continuing for a maximum of 18 months.
3.  A lump-sum disability payment:the amount paid depending upon the degree of injury sustained.
4.  Funeral expenses:if death occurs during work hours.
5.  Death Benefits:paid to family of deceased.
6.  A final lump-sum payout:if after 18 months the injury remains uncured.


| Housing | Electricity | Gas | Water and Sewage|

| Telephones | Garbage Move | Employment |